Friday, September 19, 2008

Canoa Quebrada Brazil

Canoa Quebrada Brazil
Really can you ask for much more out of a beach town?
You tube video: YouTube - Brazilian Beach - Canoa Quebrada e Camocim

What a pretty little town, as you drive into it one of the first things you notice are the dune buggies lined up along the towns main square like they are parked in a little boys car collection. The vendors come out to try and get dibs on showing you the different tour packages available for the area.

As we drove on through and straight down to the ocean you notice the small details in the side walk where they have placed a colourful moon and star every 10 feet or so and that the roadway is made out of rock. Side to side on the narrow streets there are colourfully decorated and tastefully laid out Pousadas (better known to us as small chic getaways).
Arriving at the splender of the Atlantic Ocean for the first time on our journey our eyes opened a little wider and we breathed a little deeper to take in the fresh ocean breeze.

We are filled with hope and anticipation that possibly we can start our journey they way we hoped it would be. things are looking good

We walked around to many different pousadas’ trying to secure the best deal as it is low season for them, although there were many great bargains with ocean views we settled on a camp site that was just off the ocean to keep expenses down as the broken leg and all the extra transportation costs have drove the budget sky high.
Great decision!
The spot is excellent, just far enough away from the main strip- better known as Broadway street that you do not hear the parties late into the night, extremely close to the beach so I do not have to walk far, we still have a great view of the ocean, a bathroom, laundry sinks, clothing lines and secure parking.

First we got our new home set up and beds made (okay the tent)then I made a new friend we called smoky, he reminds me of our cat Diesel, then it was time for the cast to come off. It has been 8 weeks since I broke the leg and I felt that I would have better stability by using the air cast I bought and my bike boot. While on the Amazon river trip we had cut some of the cast away so I could at least step without breaking my knee or cutting off my toes. Off came the cast –yuk what a site!!! 8 weeks no air, sweaty, old tanned skin and lots of leg hair- barf. Brent said it looked like I had taken a leg from the morgue and stuck it on my leg. :0 But I am now free; the first steps were like a child walking for the first time, slow and shaky with fresh new baby skin (after the shave, soap, skin sander and some cream).

Once again freedom has been given back to me, I can shower with two legs, not have to elevate my leg so water does not run into my cast, wrap up the cast to try and waterproof it, or in the early days have Brent help me in and out of some of the crazy showers, and the ultimate pleasure take a swim as the days are long and hot.

Next after the cast has been removed we venture down to the ocean, with much assistance from Brent I inch into the ocean and float around-oo ya.

Laying on the beach it a great way to spend a few days and slowly get the leg muscles working again.

This little town has a great strip of beach bars and interesting vendors that walk up and down the beach.
Broadway is an excellent main street with numerous bars and restaurants everyone with a different style and atmosphere in it. Cool
Later in the evening the artisans set up shop in the centre of the street and traffic comes to a halt.
Als there is a grat strip of beach bars along the beach. We hung out at the Freedom Bar for the afternoon- Ya man.
You tube video:
YouTube - freedom canoa quebrada
If that is not enough for you to do on a vacation you can take a dune buggie ride over the dunes, wind surf, surf, paraglide, visit nearby points of interest and other beaches, sail, sand surfing, view the tri-colored dunes in the town next door, or maybe walk the approximate 20kms of beach. Ya baby!

What an excellent place. From what we can gather you can have a little slice of heaven hear for around $50,000 US

I know for us this is place we would come back to!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi people, I just registered on this brilliant online community and desired to say hi there! Have a excellent day!

Anonymous said...

hey


just registered and put on my todo list


hopefully this is just what im looking for looks like i have a lot to read.